Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ghost Town


When misanthrope Bertram Pinckus (Gervais) comes back from the dead, he discovers that he has the ability to see ghosts. Among the spirits is Frank (Kinnear) who, in his attempt to stop the wedding of his widow (Leoni), draws Bertram into a bizarre love triangle.

Yeah I will admit I caught myself smiling as I watched this romantic comedy starring Tea Leoni, Greg Kinnear, and Ricky Gervais. Sometimes Gervais makes me uncomfortable with his delivery like in the British version of The Office, but I have to say I enjoyed him in this film like I have in his series Extras. Kinnear is funny as he tries to figure out why he can't cross over yet and tries to make Gervais's character likable which is not an easy task. I honestly liked the movie more than I was expecting.
PS. I realized as I watching the scene from the picture above that I have actually been there. Its the MET in New York City. I remember walking through there being in awe of everything because I am a fan of Egyptian artifacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment