Saturday, March 5, 2011
to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children;
to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends;
to appreciate beauty;
to find the best in others;
to give of one’s self;
to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation;
to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived
—this is to have succeeded."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
I keep thinking of fresh cut flowers, how I would love some right now. Maybe tomorrow I'll venture to the store to see what I can find. I am starting to feel like Spring will never come. I have plans for the end of the summer that I am hoping go well and be able to start fresh. Things are currently going as planned. Feeling very optimistic. :-)
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
- I had weird dreams last night but amazingly not about zombies.
- I miss Sabi....
- I slept in again...either I'm depressed or my sleep cycle is screwed up.
- I hate snow...and sleet...I have no motivation during this time.
- Due to no motivation I made an inspiration board. I recommend making one. I'll post a pic later.
- I've been repeating a mantra over and over again when I start to think negatively. It seems to help.
- Its been over five days since I had a soda. Seltzer has helped a lot.
- I worked out today and I felt better after doing it.
- Because I was told that I couldn't hike Mt Katahdin, that it was too hard, I will do it this summer. As Yoda said "Do or do not... there is no try"
- I only have my computer and car to pay off now. That makes me happy. I had credit card debt for too long. I can't wait to get into homeowner debt ;-)
- People really are two-faced. I can't read people at all. I try to see the good and get disappointed. Lately I have been shocked when I people show their true selves.
- I did laugh a lot today. My coworkers are amusing with their shenanigans.
- I'm looking forward to the weekend. I have plans to do something from my Life List.
- I'm proud of myself that I have been paying attention to what I have been eating. I didn't realize how badly I was eating. I was eating nutritious foods but ignoring calories. I want to reach the point where I just need to maintain my weight.
- I decided I wanted my blog to be more about me instead of just pictures. Hoping the people that actually read it don't mind the additional text.
So C stole J's figures of Mario, Luigi and Shy Guy. I think Mario is still missing. So in retaliation J boxed up all of C's stuff from his desk. I claim no involvement, I was at lunch. I try to stay out of work related pranks now because my stuff use to get hidden on me all the time. And my chair disappeared a lot...And yes I work with adults.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Sunday, February 27, 2011
"You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close that door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on them. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space."
"If someone breaks your heart, just punch them in the face. Oh sure, it seems obvious now, but you'd be amazed at how many people don't think of it when it's relevant. Seriously, just punch them in the face and go get some ice cream."
Today I made a quick trip to the city forest although it was hard walking on the trail because of the snow we got recently. I tried to do at least a mile before I gave up and went to Target. I saved over $11 there picking up a few things. I am surprised that I haven't had a soda in days. I've been drinking seltzer water instead and its been really helping me from drinking a Diet Pepsi. I think if I can get passed the addiction to soda then maybe I can work on my iced coffee addiction.
One of my friends told me about a great application for the android phone and website too called MyFitnessPal that is great for keeping track of calories and fitness. I am amazed at the food list available. I realize one of my problem areas is consuming too many calories.I think it helps to get a realistic view of how many calories I consume on a daily basis. Its cool how if you work out it adds calories back in for your daily allowance for food. After I entered in my weight and height and goal weight it gave me a daily allowance of calories that will help me achieve my goal weight.