Sunday, February 27, 2011


Bangor City Forest, originally uploaded by drwhogrl.

Today I made a quick trip to the city forest although it was hard walking on the trail because of the snow we got recently. I tried to do at least a mile before I gave up and went to Target. I saved over $11 there picking up a few things. I am surprised that I haven't had a soda in days. I've been drinking seltzer water instead and its been really helping me from drinking a Diet Pepsi. I think if I can get passed the addiction to soda then maybe I can work on my iced coffee addiction.
One of my friends told me about a great application for the android phone and website too called MyFitnessPal that is great for keeping track of calories and fitness. I am amazed at the food list available. I realize one of my problem areas is consuming too many calories.I think it helps to get a realistic view of how many calories I consume on a daily basis. Its cool how if you work out it adds calories back in for your daily allowance for food. After I entered in my weight and height and goal weight it gave me a daily allowance of calories that will help me achieve my goal weight.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried Sparkpeople? Similar to My Fitness Pal. I use Sparkpeople. I'd switch to the one you're using but I have already saved a lot of regular foods I eat in Sparkpeople making it easy to just click and record my regular foods. Looks like it will work very similarly. One thing I notice that's different is Sparkpeople gives you a calorie range. So you have a low end for the day and a high end. I like that aspect a lot. You can do this Wendy! When I started to count calories I was shocked at some of the stuff i was consuming. It really put it into perspective.

    ReplyDelete