Just read this in my email...got a big "awwww" from me.... :) why I'm still a customer since 2003!
Californication: Season 2: Disc 2 was not available from your local shipping center. Fortunately, it was available from a shipping center in another part of the country. It's on its way and should arrive within 3 to 5 days.
You'll notice we also recently sent the next available DVD from your Queue to enjoy while Californication: Season 2: Disc 2 makes its way to you.
Your Queue now shows this extra DVD rental. Enjoy.
-The Netflix Team
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
My Cache Stats as of 10/20/2009 (Generated by CacheStats 3.0. Get your own stats at
|Total Found:||421 (# found/attended logs)||Find Rate:||1.457 per day (10.2 per week, 531 per year)|
|Caches:||420 (# unique caches visited)||Avg. difficulty / terrain:||1.68 / 1.67|
|# Archived:||13 (3%)||FTFs:||2|
|Avg. in 1 day:||4.1||Oldest Cache:||The Fort Williams Cache (GC128 placed 1/2/2001)|
|Most in 1 day:||117 (7/3/2009)||Most in 1 month:||136 (7/2009)|
|My Goal:||500 by 12/31/2009|
|Total days cached:||103 (every 2.8 days or 35.6%)||Most consecutive days with a find:||5 (4/9/2009 - 4/13/2009)|
|Most in 1 month:||16 (4/2009)||Most consecutive days without a find:||19 (2/16/2009 - 3/6/2009)|
|Year||Total Found||Rate||Days Cached / Frequency|
|2009||421||1.457||103 / every 2.8 days|
|Number||Date||Cache||# Days between|
|#300||7/16/2009||Red Barn Campground Cache||13|
|#400||10/6/2009||Old Town in a nut shell||82|
|Difficulty / Terrain Combinations|
|1||8/26/2009||Bike Path Cache||View|
|US States (3):||ME (406), MD (3), VA (1)|
|Other States (1):||District of Columbia (11)|
|Countries (1):||United States (421)|
Corey found a survey concerning geocaching so I thought why not take it myself...
1. What is your name? Wendy
2. What is your GC name? DrWhoGrl
3. What kind of GPSr do you use? Garmin Etrex Legend
4. What is your favorite feature on your GPSr? its blue! hahahahahaha... I like how its easy to use too... :)
5. What is your best memory of geocaching? I think the moment when I find a cache is always awesome...but I think going out on Pushaw Lake with Corey when it was 10 degrees out in the middle of winter was pretty surreal even if we didn't find the final cache...oh and finding over 100 caches in a day was another highlight too :)
6. What is the furthest from your house you’ve ever found a cache? Luray, Virginia GC12Z3B Yo-Ho-Ho! Just happened to be in the area while on vacation. I believe that's around 760 miles from Bangor.
7. What is the hardest cache you ever found? ummm micros usually give me trouble...that Meg's Micro was a hard one that really should not have been that hard...I think winter caching in general makes things very hard.
8. What is the most amount of caches you’ve completed in one day? 124 on the Stud Mill Road on July 3rd 2009.
9. How did you get started in geocaching? Back in 2004 I use to go with my ex boyfriend...I took a break for a while since I didn't have a GPS, but once I got one for Christmas in 2008 I started trying it on my own. Over 400 finds now :)
10. What is the silliest mistake you’ve made while geocaching? While doing the Stud Mill Road series, missing a whole road of caches which would have made it a 140+ day, I blame myself...I should have noticed.
11. What memorable animals have you encountered on the trail? deer...porcupine...rabbit...thankfully not a bear...
12. What is your favorite earthcache? I have only found 1, the Blue Hill Reversing Falls, it was pretty....
13. When do you geocache most often? (Season? Time of day?) From my stats looks like May through August is my busiest time...mostly warm weather and daylight means good caching time.
14. Who do you usually geocache with? Corey aka Masterson of the Universe
amazingly he hasn't left me in the woods yet ;)
15. Have you ever logged a find on one of your own caches? If not, would you? No I don't have my own cache, although hope to place one soon. I don't think it would be ethical to log your own.
16. What is the most consecutive days you’ve gone caching and had a find? 5 from 4/09/09 to 4/13/09...I'm not sure why...
17. How do you feel about people who “collect” trackable items? Just awful. There is no reason to keep them. Horrible people.
18. Is it all about the numbers for you? Its been fun to try to get to 500, but I do like the creative caches so no its not all about the numbers for me. Its more about the experiences and fun times with friends.
19. What have you learned since you started geocaching? I know the area where I live a lot better now and I have some more confidence in my geosenses ;)