Thursday, April 22, 2010

UMaine Museum of Art

I visited UMaine Museum of Art today. I was extremely bored at home having stayed home sick. Mostly I have been home sick because I lost my voice which is extremely important to my job since I talk on the phone all day. I was trying to find stuff to do that didn't require talking. I feel a little tired but overall okay. At least after two days rest I can finally speak and have people understand me. I got to see the exhibit that is actually opening tomorrow. It was alright although not really my cup of tea. I was a fan of a piece though by Christopher Peary who is from Bangor. I took a quick snap of it in the museum before I left. You should check out the UMaine Museum of Art on Harlow Street in Bangor sometimes. Its free admission all year. My favorite exhibit I saw there was a few years back of Ansel Adams work. :)

This is the piece I liked at the exhibit. Its by Christopher Peary. I think it was called "Hubble: something or other" like mini pictures of the cosmos. My way of liking pieces of art is whether or not I would hang it on my wall at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment