Thursday, June 9, 2011

Where's Wendy?

Orono Thrift Shop
I spent the morning in Orono. I noticed the sign for the Orono Thrift Shop and that it was open today so I had to go check it out. I like visiting shops like this because you never know what you will find. What I like about the Orono Thrift Shop is that the proceeds go to Orono Health Association to support various charitable causes which is clearly displayed when you are checking out. Everything is marked at affordable prices. The shop is located on Birch Street in Orono near the public library on the second floor. There is a room full of clothes and another with items ranging from kids toys to kitchen stuff. I found old bottles for a quarter apiece that had Portland, ME etched on them. The shop does accept donations so I will definitely think of them next time I have stuff to donate.
After the thrift store I grabbed lunch at Verve where I had a yummy burrito. Then I went over to the University of Maine to go to the Hudson Museum which is located in the Collins Center for the Arts. I've actually never been to this museum as long as I've lived in the area. I thought it was a great place to check out to learn about local history. Its something fun and free to do. I loved the baskets and seeing all the artifacts. Before heading home I stopped by Maine Maven which I love to mention to people because what they carry in their store is constantly changing. Its a great place to visit to get beautiful things for yourself or as gifts. 


Orono Thrift Shop

chicken burrito from Verve Burritos

Hudson Museum which is inside Collins Center for the Arts at UMaine

Hudson Museum

Hudson Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment