Sunday, May 31, 2009

True Blood


I finished the first season of True Blood, the vampire series from HBO this weekend. The premise of the show is that the Japanese have created synthetic blood and vampires have come "out" revealing themselves to the humans and want equal rights. Its such an original show with an amazing cast. Anna Paquin stars as a telepathic waitress named Sookie in a small town who meets a vampire, Bill Compton, played by Stephen Moyer. Her life gets turned upside down after meeting vampire Bill who she develops feelings for. The series is a mixture of humor, suspense and drama. I think if you are a fan of Dexter you may like this series. The show definitely falls under the rated R rating. I like how its not cheesy and handles the vampire genre well. Its kind of like the adult version of Twilight based down south in Louisiana. I wish I had HBO because the new season is starting this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment